The faucet is one of the most used bathroom products in the home life, especially the kitchen faucet. As a faucet with a high frequency of use, the quality of the kitchen faucet is related to the use of water. So how do we choose a kitchen faucet in our normal life?
Basic classification of kitchen faucets
- According to the material, it can be divided into SUS304 stainless steel, cast iron, all plastic, brass, zinc alloy material faucet, polymer composite faucet and other categories.
- According to the structure, it can be divided into single-type, double-type and triple-type faucets. In addition, there are single handles and double handles.
- According to the opening method, it can be divided into spiral type, wrench type, lift type and inductive type.
How to choose the kitchen faucet correctly?
- Use it to be easy
Washing vegetables, steaming rice, soup, brushing bowls… There are too many annoying things in the kitchen. It is best not to let the faucets add chaos! With the faucet, it is often impossible to feel its existence, and this is mainly Its spool, handle position, switch mode. The good faucet valve plug is free to use, the hand feel is not too loose or too tight when used; the handle position and shape should be easy to open and close, even if it is easy to operate with the back of the hand; the traditional screw type and wrench type switch are no longer used in the kitchen. Instead, a fast-closing lift switch is closed.
- Easy to clean
When the kitchen is working, it will use a hand with grease and dirt to open the faucet and stain the faucet. Therefore, it is best to choose a product that is not stained with oil and is easy to scrub. This has a lot to do with the shape and plating of the faucet. Generally, the faucet with complicated shape and variable lines is easy to keep clean and dead corners. The surface of the faucet with thin coating and low hardness is easy to be blacked out and cleaned.
- Appropriate size
In some families, the kitchen faucet is easy to splash and the water can’t reach the center of the sink… This is caused by ignoring the sink and kitchen faucet. When choosing a kitchen faucet, be sure to know the size of the sink. Choose the right faucet according to this size. Make sure that the outlet is facing the center of the sink and can be rotated 180° or 360°. The distance from the bottom of the sink is just too low.
- Water saving and environmental protection
The water consumption in the kitchen is very large, and the modern decoration “energy saving and environmental protection” is the mainstream, so you should pay attention to this when selecting the faucet. The water-saving faucet will save 30-40% of the water than the ordinary faucet, and the old one can save the house a lot of water fee. There are two main types of water-saving faucets: one is to use a good bubbler to inject air into the water to prevent falling water and keep the rinsing effect, while also slowing the water flow rate, reducing the water flow and achieving water saving. The other is the handle “tip” design, when the handle is raised to a certain height, there is a clear pause, reminding that the amount of water used has increased.
- Style uniform
In addition, when choosing a kitchen faucet, pay attention to the overall decoration style of the kitchen, mainly in the color and style, so that it looks more uniform.
Kitchen sink faucet cleaning tips
- Apply a toothpaste on a soft cloth to clean the surface, then clean the surface with water. Do not use an alkaline cleaner or use a scouring pad or a steel ball to test it to avoid damage to the plating surface.
- During the use of the single-handle faucet, it should be slowly opened and closed. The double-handle faucet can’t be closed too much, otherwise the water stop plug will fall off, causing the water to stop and stop.
- The location of the water outlet generally has a foaming device (also known as bubbler, different faucets, different foaming devices), because of water quality problems, often make the faucet use a small amount of water after a period of time, this may be because The foamer is clogged with debris, and the foamer can be unscrewed with clear water or a needle to clear the debris.