VIGA teachs you how to keep the your stainless steel 304 kitchen sink away from rust
The SS304 sink is a necessity in the kitchen. It is powerful and convenient for people to live with, and it is constantly advancing with the times. However, many consumers do not pay attention to maintenance during the use of the SS304 sink, so the service life of the SS304 sink is greatly shortened, so today we will introduce the maintenance methods of the SS304 sink.
- When using the the SS304 kitchen sink for the first time, first put water for 5-10 minutes to drain the water containing rusty substances in the water pipe, and wipe the surface of the kitchen sink with a soft cloth. It is best to test the water 2-3 times every other day to ensure that the rust water is discharged.
- Do not use strong acid and alkali to clean in the sink. Clean immediately after use, dry and store, try not to let the water drop on the surface of the sink, because the high-iron content of water will cause the rust and high-mineral water to produce white film.
- If mineral deposits appear at the bottom of the kitchen sink, they can be removed with diluted vinegar and rinsed with water.
- Do not touch hard objects or rusty objects with the sink for a long time.
- Do not leave the rubber pad, wet sponge or cleaning sheet in the sink all night.
- Be aware that fluorine-containing household products, bleach, food and silver-containing cleaning products and cleaning products containing sulfur and hydrochloric acid are potentially harmful to the kitchen sink.
- Note that the air released by the bleach or chemical cleaner in the kitchen cabinet will corrode the bottom of the sink.
- If the photographic chemical composition or soldering iron flux is in contact with the sink, the sink must be flushed immediately.
- Do not put bubble, mayonnaise, mustard and salt food in the sink for a long time.
- Do not use iron rings or rough cleaning materials to clean the sink.
Which situation in daily life easily causes the stainless steel 304 kitchen sink rust?
- During the decoration of the kitchen, if welding debris, cement, oil stains, etc. remain on the surface of the faucet and the sink, failure to clean in time may cause rust and mildew.
- Sometimes, in the newly renovated house, mineral or acid-alkaline dust falling on the faucet, the surface of the sink encountered moisture will also cause “floating rust”.
- Steel utensils such as kitchen knives, scissors, and bottle openers are placed on the surface of the sink for a long time, causing rust, mildew or discoloration.
- If chemical agents, cleaning agents, paints, sauces, oil stains, etc. remain in the kitchen sink, for a long time, it will cause moldy sticky on the surface of the sink.
The tips of stainless steel 304 kitchen sink rust cleaning
The best way to remove rust is the necessities in this life – toothpaste. First wet the place with rust with water, then squeeze out the toothpaste and gently scrub with a soft cloth, and finally rinse with water. It could repeat several times until the rust is removed.
- White vinegar
Let the white vinegar cover the rust area evenly. It also can be used together with salt. Because white vinegar contains acetic acid, rust and acetic acid will produce a chemical reaction.
- potato skin
Rubbing the surface of the stainless steel kitchen sink repeatedly with potato skin (on the side close to the potato), you will find that the rust and scale will be slowly washed away.